Cleaning, Repair And Recovering
For Your Boat Covers, Boat Canvas
And Boat Cover Fabric
Your Boat Covers, Boat Tops, Isinglass Curtains and anything made of Boat Canvas or Boat Cover Fabric must be cleaned and regularly maintained because sun and sand, wind and water can do all kinds of damage. Here are some tips to lengthen the life of those items and to prevent costly repairs to your boat.
We also recommend and sell Professional Cleaning Products that you can use for easy and regular maintenance of your Awnings, Canopies and Covers.
Cleaning Tips For Your Boat Cover And Boat Canvas
Most makers of quality Boat Canvas and Boat Cover fabric will tell you that their materials don’t support the growth of mildew. That’s true. However, dirt and moisture left on those fabrics will. So clean regularly, at least once a month.
- Start with warm water (if possible) and a MILD cleaner specifically designed for outdoor fabrics, otherwise you can wash away your water repellant. At Muskegon Awning & Fabrication, we sell a cleaner just right for the job.
- Then apply the cleaner with a dense, soft brush paying particular attention to seams and stitching where dirt can collect. Never use a brush of any kind on vinyl windows. Rinse well with water and repeat until clean.
- Dry thoroughly. Never fold or store your Boat Cover or Boat Canvas when it is wet or damp because it can rot or become mildewed. Never put it in a dryer or have it dry cleaned.
Let Us Do It For You: We Offer Professional Cleaning, Repair
And Recovering For Your Boat Canvas
Want us to do the cleaning for you? Or need repairs made? No problem. Bring your items in and we’ll give you a fast, FREE Estimate. We can clean or repair almost any canvas or fabric item you can bring to our shop. For example:
- Mooring Covers
- Travel Covers
- Storage Covers
- Shore Station Covers
- Winter Covers
- Boat Cushions
- Boat Curtains
- Isinglass and Vinyl Windows
- You Name It!
- Treat Stains
- Repair Zippers and Fasteners
- Replace Grommets and Snaps
- Repair, Reinforce or Seal Tears and Seams
- Reapply Water Repellant
- Repair or Recover Your Cushions and Curtains
- Repair or Remake Frames
- Clean Your Covers and Canvas Thoroughly
- If fabric is too worn or damaged, or frames bent and broken, we will recommend replacement and provide cost estimates.
Cleaning And Repair Products We Recommend And Sell
- IOSSO Mold and Mildew Bio-Degradable Canvas Cleaner
- IOSSO Water Repellent
- Beaver Glass Cleaner
- Plexus Glass Cleaner
- IMAR Strataglass Cleaner
- IMAR Strataglass Polish
- 210 Plastic Cleaner Polish
- 210 Plastic Scratch Remover
- Vinyl Clean Plus